Monday, May 12, 2014

Stuffed & Baked Apples


Ladies and gentlemen, this was a winner. I made this for my family one night after dinner, and they all liked it! Unfortunately I can't find the recipe that I used, but I think I can get pretty close! Here's how (I think) it happened:

Preheat your oven to 350.

I took 6 apples, cut the hats off of them (the tops), and cored them.

Then in a bowl I mixed Earthfare's natural almond butter (YUM!), honey, chopped dates, slivered almonds, and golden raisins. This mixture is supposed to be rather thick. This is the part that I cant remember the exact measurements, but it also depends on your preference! What ever you would like most to taste in the stuffing of your baked apples! :)

Then you put the mixture in the core of the apples!

Put the 6 apples in a baking dish very snuggly so they don't tip over. Then you put 1/4 cup of apple cider in the bottom of the pan, and put them in to cook!

It should take them 45 mins- 1 hour. Every 15 minutes, poor another 1/4 cup of the apple cider over the apples so they soak in the juiceiness.

Voila!

These can also be serves with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment