Sunday, September 28, 2014

Grain-Free Pressed Herb Biscuits (from the Free People blog)



Again, I am loving the Free People blog! Such fun, healthy, wacky recipes to try, and they have all been a hit thus far. I'll send you to their blog for the recipe on this one! http://blog.freepeople.com/2014/09/grainfree-pressed-herb-biscuits/

The only tweak I make is that instead of coconut flour I used almond flour, which I had to triple (to 1 1/2 cups, or more) to get the doughy texture.

Also, like the Fig, Apple, Pear Cake (another post on Doughremisha!), the coconut oil gives this bread-like recipe a very coconutty flavor. It's delicious, but there is a distinct flavor in these two recipes that I have never tasted before.

I used Thyme, Sage, and Rosemary as my herbs in this as well. I think Rosemary was my fave. :)

We (being me and the other people that tasted this recipe with me) tried it sweet and savory, and it's good both ways! I tried toasting it a little bit with cinnamon, dipping it in hummus, and- my personal favorite- dipping it and crumbling it in tomato soup. Mmm.

Food = creativity. It is such a fun outlet for my soul. I totally encourage anybody who loves nutrition/cooking/baking/creativity to lean into it. It really does make your (my) soul sing. I know God gifts us all differently, and gives us all different passions, but how energy-giving is it to find things that make you come alive inside?

If you're a food/nutrition/health person like I am (or trying to be), I found an awesome blog called Nutritionist in the Kitch that I'm sure I will be mentioning on here plenty! -I'm actually trying one of her recipes in the morning! Sleep tight, world.

Nutritionist in the Kitch: http://www.nutritionistinthekitch.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment