Sunday, August 10, 2014

Almond Butter

Today, I am so excited about my new food processor. I have just invested in a 12-cup Cuisinart! I couldn't wait to try it out, so this afternoon I set it in motion.

Almond butter is one of the best ingredients AND snacks. I have found it used in so many recipes, and love it on a banana or with some honey to snack on. Being able to make it myself will definitely save some money!

I used one bag of Raw Trader Joe's Almonds, and put it in the 12-cup bowl on my food processor. I pulsed the almonds for about 10 seconds until they were chopped up a bit. Then, I just turned on the food processor and waited. The almonds (or any nut butter) will go through 3 phases: grainy, clumpy (doughy), and creamy. It takes 15-20 minutes with mine for the almond butter to come to a creamy consistency, but of course it depends on your food processor and the amount of almonds you are using. I stopped it as-needed to scrape down the sides. Here's what it looks like when it is done!


Let the almond butter cool down a bit, as it will be warm from the blending. Then you are ready to eat! You can store it in your pantry or in the refrigerator.


1 comment: